Hello, October! We have the perfect recipe to celebrate the start of fall.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 T. baking powder*
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/3 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, olive oil, brown sugar, milk, and Greek yogurt until fully combined.
- Add the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Fold in with a spatula until just combined.
- Preheat a skillet or griddle to medium-low heat. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto the warm skillet or griddle and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Once you see bubbles rise to the top and the edges look dry, it is time to flip the pancakes. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top with your favorite toppings (we love almond butter and honey or the classic butter and maple syrup combo).
- Keep leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze them to enjoy later.
*Baking powder makes these pumpkins extra fluffy!
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: pumpkin pancakes