- 1, 12 oz. package fresh Medjool dates, pitted (~12–14 dates)*
- 3–4 T. your favorite nut butter*
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1 T. coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Gently pull dates apart and fill with 1-2 t. nut butter.
- To make chocolate, in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave cocoa powder, chocolate chips and coconut oil until it’s thick, liquid consistency.
- Pour 1/3 of chocolate sauce on a plate and roll 1/3 of your dates until fully coated. Place on a parchment paper covered sheet pan. Repeat until all dates are coated.
- Sprinkle sea salt.
- Freeze for for 20-25 minutes until chocolate is firm.
- Store in fridge. They won’t last long…
*I like Natural Delights dates because they are larger in size compared to other brands & easier to work with.
*I filled 1/3 of the dates with sunflower seed butter so the boys could take them to school; 1/3 almond butter; 1/3 peanut butter
- Category: dessert
- Method: freeze
Keywords: dark chocolate date delights