- 1, 12 oz. package fresh Medjool dates, pitted (~12–14 dates)*
- 3–4 T. your favorite nut butter*
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1 T. coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Gently pull dates apart and fill with 1-2 t. nut butter.
- To make chocolate, in a microwave-safe bowl, microwave cocoa powder, chocolate chips and coconut oil until it’s thick, liquid consistency.
- Pour 1/3 of chocolate sauce on a plate and roll 1/3 of your dates until fully coated. Place on a parchment paper covered sheet pan. Repeat until all dates are coated.
- Sprinkle sea salt.
- Freeze for for 20-25 minutes until chocolate is firm.
- Store in fridge. They won’t last long…
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 18.4 g
- Sodium: 0.7 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg