Our Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are in honor of the humble, white vegetable – cauliflower. Thank you, cauliflower. Not every vegetable is as easily moldable as you. While cauliflower might have been the vegetable-of-the- year back in 2019, it’s still the most versatile veggie in the book. Want rice, but don’t want rice? Voila – cauliflower rice! In the mood for steak, but not in the mood for red meat? No problem – try cauliflower steak! Want pizza, but need a gluten-free option? Easy peasy – make cauliflower pizza crust!
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites vs. Chicken Wings?
Per Chicken Wing-Onomics (yes, there is such a thing), Americans eat an estimated record-breaking 1.4 billion chicken wings during Super Bowl weekend. This is basically the amount of wings it would take to circle the circumference of the Earth 3 times. SO, we figured we’d support our plant-based lovers with a cauliflower version. Our Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are spicy, sweet, and even have some crunch! Of course, there is also the added veggie bonus! Our favorite thing is that there is no pile of bones to clean up after the SuperBowl Party.
Check out our other Superbowl Plant-Based Recipe: Vegetarian Black Bean Totchos
- ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. paprika
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- ¾ c. milk or milk alternative
- 1 head cauliflower
- ¼ c. ALDI Burman’s Hot Sauce (or your fave)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. honey
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and milk, and stir until well-combined.
- Break the head of cauliflower into florets, about 1½-inches wide. Add the cauliflower florets to the batter, making sure each piece is evenly coated. Arrange the coated cauliflower on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the buffalo sauce, olive oil, and honey. Stir until evenly combined. Brush the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 12.8 g
- Sodium: 953 mg
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 8.7 g
- Cholesterol: 2.3 mg