Adding Flavor with Marinated Artichokes!
As the summer approaches, easy, flavorful, colorful recipes are one on my “to do” list! This flavorful recipe offers a little savory, sweet and tartness from the ingredient combinations provided. If you are growing fresh herbs this summer,
chives, parsley and mint are added to this dish which pack a punch. I also enjoy using artichokes which can be a daunting vegetable to work with in the kitchen. A short-cut ingredient can be using marinated artichokes. They are easy to find and flavorful. They also provide some great nutritional benefits including being a good source of prebiotic fibers, folate, and vitamin C and K. As well, they may improve digestive health and help regulate blood pressure.
In addition to using marinated artichokes in this short-cut recipe, they can be used in the below dishes:
1. Add marinated artichokes to cold summer salads for additional flavor
2. Add as a topping to a “make your own” pizza
3. Mix in with roasted potatoes
4. Top a crostini with ricotta or goat cheese, artichokes, and lemon zest
5. Add to an omelet or scrambled eggs
Enjoy the power of the flavor and nutritional benefits of artichokes this summer!
Check out our last McDaniel Short-Cuts Recipe: Vegetarian Sauerkraut Sandwich!Print