- Cooking spray
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 c. dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas and avocado.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to the egg mixture, stirring until almost fully combined.
- Add the banana/avocado mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool before slicing.
- Adapted from ALDI.us
- Category: bread
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: breakfast
Keywords: avocado coconut banana bread