The goal for these cheesy zucchini crisps was to have a semi-healthy snack for the boys after their first week at camp. Due to the coronavirus, it’s been since March since the boys have been in a “formal” setting among other people. While I am so grateful for the opportunity it has brought for all of us, the transition is taking a mental and physical toll. They’re exhausted from being engaged and active all day. I’m mentally a bit spent wondering if I’m making the safest choice as their parent.
While Chef Jack wanted to make his regular cooking demos with mom, he was less pumped about the cheesy zucchini crisp recipe, and he was also tired from having his dad wake him up from his restful slumber. Rise and shine! Time to get that mask on and go to camp!
This might not have been the recipe of choice for Jack, but I chose it because we’ve been getting zucchini out the ying yang from our CSA. And, I’ve yet to find a recipe with zucchini that the boys like. So, these cheesy zucchini crisps were my latest attempt!
Check out our Double Chocolate Nice Cream Recipe – back when Chef Jack liked what we were making and had a bit more energy!
Cheesy Zucchini Crisps
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
Recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 2 T. parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. shredded cheese (we used Mexican)
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or use non-stick cooking spray).
- Using a towel or paper towel, squeeze the zucchini to extract as much water as possible.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out a heaping tablespoon of the mixture on the baking sheet. Press flat using the back of the spoon. You should be able to make ~ 12-13 crisps.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes prior to enjoying!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 37
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 88.5 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 17.6 mg