These pumpkin spice energy bites are my answer to a nut-free snack that is seasonally tasty, cheap and perfectly portioned for smaller hands. I recently attended the Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo, and one of the most popular items at the expo were foods made to support energy for both adults and kids. Think energy bites, bars, and chews. Not many of the options included nut-free versions, and they also came in portions suitable for adults, but less suitable for kids.
As Halloween rolls around, anxiety rises for parents who have children with food allergies. The increased availability of food at parties and candy at Halloween adds an extra task for parents. It requires food label reading and scrutiny over each and every piece of candy their trick or treater proudly collected. One of the things I love about sunflower seed butter is that it’s free from the top 8 food allergens. So, parents, these pumpkin-spiced energy bites are for you. You deserve a stress-free seasonal snack. Happy Halloween.
Check out our step-by-step video for this recipe on Instagram.
Check out our other energy bite recipes:
Cocoa Dusted Honey Nut Energy Bites
Gingerbread Energy Bites
No Bake Cocoa & Hemp Seed Energy Bites
Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 12 fresh dates, pitted
- 1/2 c. dry rolled oats
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 piece crystalized ginger
- 1/8 c. canned pumpkin
- 1/4 c. sunflower seed butter
- Using a food processor, process dates until they form a sticky ball. If you don’t have a food processor you can finely chop them by hand. Prepare for a workout! Add oats and process again until well combined. You should see flakes of oats, but not whole oats.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, ginger and pumpkin. Process again until mixed through.
- Place energy bite mixture into a large bowl. Add sunflower seed butter. Using a spatula or fork fold in the butter until combined.
- Form mixture into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes prior to eating.
Jam a piece of candy corn into these babies for instant festivity!
- Prep Time: 15
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 12.9 g
- Sodium: 11.9 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg