With Thanksgiving around the corner, we’re all craving PUMPKIN! These cottage cheese pumpkin bars are bursting with pumpkin pie flavor, yet high-protein satisfaction. How? They’re made with cottage cheese and plain Greek yogurt. In our recent Bite-Sized Review, we gave Good Culture Cottage Cheese a try. Beyond the traditional side dish, we’ve found so many ways to incorporate cottage cheese, a bone-health supportive super food, into tons of recipes.
- Add it to scrambled eggs for a high-protein egg salad.
- Blend into your pancake batter.
- Top a vegetable salad.
- Mix with granola and fruit for an afternoon snack.
And, of course, enjoy it in these Cottage Cheese Pumpkin Bars made with a delicious graham cracker crust.Print
Recipe adapted from Good Culture Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars.
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- 6 T. melted butter
- 2 c. Good Culture cottage cheese
- 1 ½ c. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ¼ c. oats
- ½ c. pumpkin puree
- ½ c. maple sugar
- 2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ t. salt
- With a food processor or blender, pulse graham crackers until turn to a fine crumb.
- Pour graham mixture into a medium-sized bowl and combine with melted butter.
- Press combined mixture into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Blend the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over the crust and bake for 1 hour.
- Set for several hours in the fridge or overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy. Top with whipped cream!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 12.4 g
- Sodium: 264.1 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 38.9 mg