Back-to-school snacks seem to be happening more frequently with the boys in-home learning! Just like adults, being home more means more snacking opportunities. Snacking is a frequent conversation I have with clients. A snack should fill in nutritional gaps, serve to manage hunger and be enjoyed! With the start of back-to-virtual school, our family recognizes the importance of snacks that can quickly satisfy with lasting energy.
The boys virtual breaks through the school day are only 15 minutes! So, this requires quick snack options that we can tailor to their tastebuds. That’s why we love Prairie Farms Cottage Cheese and Whole-Milk Yogurt Snack Cups. Packed with protein and bone-boosting nutrients, it’s a snack any parent can feel good about offering to keep brains for zoom rolling. Unleash the lid, and enjoy farmer-owned, local fresh dairy! A well-balanced snack.
Chef Jack’s favorite snack cup with the Whole-Milk Vanilla Yogurt Cup
Mom loves the Zesty Fiesta and Garden Veggie Cottage Cheese Cups!
You can find Prairie Farms Cottage Cheese Snack cups at your local mid-west WalMart.
When we’ve got a few more minutes on our hands or hunger hasn’t hit too hard yet…we make these!
Back-to-School Snacks: His and Her Style Recipes
In addition, to eating them solo, we’ve also found these individual cups can used in simple snack recipes. The boys love mixing the whole milk yogurt cups with peanut butter, and cinnamon and spreading them on apple rings. We call it our “apple donuts.” The best part, of course, is decorating. Sprinkles, crushed cookies or granola are a few options we tried.Print
- 1–2 apples, cored and sliced horizontally
- 1/2 (3 oz.) carton Prairie Farms Whole-Milk Vanilla Yogurt Cup
- 2 T. nut butter
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Sprinkles or granola
- Core apples and cut apples horizontally
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, peanut butter and cinnamon until well-combined
- Top apples with dip, leaving the core open (so it looks like a donut)
- Decorate with granola, sprinkles or crushed cookies!
One of my personal favorite Prairie Farms cottage cheese flavors is the Garden Veggie Cottage Cheese , I top whole-wheat toast with their Garden Veggie cottage cheese, thinly sliced tomatoes and basil. It’s my attempt to hold on to summer just a bit longer. Check out my other favorite snack using their Zesty Fiesta Snack Cup.Print
- 2 slices whole-wheat or sourdough toast
- 1 container of Prairie Farms Garden Veggie Cottage Cheese
- 1 roma tomato, sliced thinly
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves
- Toast wheat bread and spread 1/2 the container of cottage cheese on each piece of toast
- Top with tomatoes and basil
Happy Back-To-School and snacking from our learners to yours!