While holiday celebrations might look different this year, the season can still be festive…especially with ALDI! For many, we might not be surrounded with as many friends and family as years before. So, I’m bringing you some holiday cheer, seasonal ideas and DIY personalized gift ideas to keep the festivity and holidays from ALDI. Not only does ALDI have all the holiday essentials we love, including gourmet cheeses, seasonal beverages and indulgent treats- you’ll stretch your budget and shop safely at ALDI.
Additionally, for those who prefer to buy their groceries online, ALDI offers grocery delivery and curbside grocery pickup, which is now available for shoppers at more than 20 St. Louis stores. To see which area stores offer curbside, you can visit shop.aldi.us.
Watch Jennifer discuss her favorite festive ALDI foods and recipes on GREAT DAY ST. LOUIS!
But First, Safe Shopping
As a regular ALDI shopper, it makes me happy to say, I always feel comfortable when I shop at ALDI. It’s clear ALDI takes store cleaning and shopper safety seriously. The combination of store cleanliness and the protective measures taken by staff and customers always make me feel safe.
More Time on Your Hands to Try New Recipes!
Since we’re all spending more time at home, it’s an ideal time to try some new festive recipes and meals! A new recipe our family is trying this year is an interactive hot chocolate bar which includes these delicious, trendy, hot cocoa bombs. The boys love to break into these bombs releasing cocoa, candy canes and marshmallows to melt into their warmed milk. ALDI has all the high-quality ingredient you need to make this decadent dessert.
Thoughtful, Interactive DIY Gifts
Looking for a few unique gift ideas? Most of us are in need of family-friendly activities at home this holiday season! ALDI has what you need to make thoughtful DIY gifts and treats. I love gifting a personalized cookie platter kits which contain all the ingredients for my friends to create their own cookie platter or gift baskets with all the necessary ingredients to make homemade hot chocolate.
Since going OUT for date nights has become a memory of the past, the hubs and I have been enjoying our own in-home wine tastings. It’s also a fun idea to do virtually with my girlfriends. ALDI has award-winning wines, many of which are under $10! We’ll pair them with award-winning, high-quality, yet affordable cheese and charcuterie meats that ALDI offers. Some of my personal fave combinations are the Emporium Selection Honey Goat Cheese Log paired with their Appleton Farms Prosciutto.
On-Trend Seasonal Specialities
ALDI has several on-trend and seasonal products available throughout the holiday season, such as Ugly Sweater Cookies and Specially Selected Cocoa Dusted Truffles. I’m using several of these light-hearted treats, fun treats to spruce up the boys’ stockings this year. It love how I can stuff a stocking without breaking the bank.
Local Love in the Lou
Lucky for us, ALDI operates more than 40 stores in the St. Louis area, providing convenient access to fresh, high-quality groceries at unbeatable prices. To find out which area stores offer curbside, shoppers can visit shop.aldi.us.
For more fun information and tips, visit ALDI.us, “Like” ALDI USA on Facebook and follow @ALDIUSA on Instagram and @ALDIUSA on Twitter. And, if you’re like me and want to share your own recipes, photos, tips and tricks, tag ALDI using the hashtag #ALDILove.
Happy Holidays, Friends.
Hot Cocoa Bombs
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 1 package Moser Roth Dark Collection 70% Cocoa Chocolate Bar, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Baker’s Corner Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 package Beaumont Cocoa Hot Cocoa Mix
- Spangler Candy Canes, crushed
- Baker’s Corner Miniature Marshmallows
- Prepare a double boiler over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, combine chopped chocolates and morsels in a small bowl.
- Add 3/4 of the chocolate to the double boiler. Monitor temperature using a candy thermometer or other food safe thermometer. Do not allow chocolate to rise about 95° F at any point.
- Once chocolate is melted and at 93°, remove from heat. In small batches, incorporate remaining chocolate. Be sure to melt what you’ve added prior to adding more.
- Continue to monitor temperature and stir until temperature reaches 88°.
- Remove from heat, add 2 tablespoons of chocolate to each half of the 3-inch silicon sphere molds. Tilt mold in all directions to properly coat entire bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes. Reserve remaining chocolate.
- The chocolate should have begun to set at this point. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the inside of the half sphere. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Peel molds away to release chocolate. Set aside.
- Warm a small sauté pan over low heat. Lightly press one half sphere, open side down, on the sauté pan to even. Place back in mold.
- Fill with 1/2 packet cocoa mix, and preferred amount of crushed candy cane and marshmallows.
- Repeat step 8, instead pressing the halves together. Allow 5 minutes to set.
- Bring remaining chocolate to 88°, drizzle over sealed bombs and decorate with remaining candy canes pieces.