Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen
- 1 package Moser Roth Dark Collection 70% Cocoa Chocolate Bar, finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Baker’s Corner Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 package Beaumont Cocoa Hot Cocoa Mix
- Spangler Candy Canes, crushed
- Baker’s Corner Miniature Marshmallows
- Prepare a double boiler over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, combine chopped chocolates and morsels in a small bowl.
- Add 3/4 of the chocolate to the double boiler. Monitor temperature using a candy thermometer or other food safe thermometer. Do not allow chocolate to rise about 95° F at any point.
- Once chocolate is melted and at 93°, remove from heat. In small batches, incorporate remaining chocolate. Be sure to melt what you’ve added prior to adding more.
- Continue to monitor temperature and stir until temperature reaches 88°.
- Remove from heat, add 2 tablespoons of chocolate to each half of the 3-inch silicon sphere molds. Tilt mold in all directions to properly coat entire bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes. Reserve remaining chocolate.
- The chocolate should have begun to set at this point. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the inside of the half sphere. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Peel molds away to release chocolate. Set aside.
- Warm a small sauté pan over low heat. Lightly press one half sphere, open side down, on the sauté pan to even. Place back in mold.
- Fill with 1/2 packet cocoa mix, and preferred amount of crushed candy cane and marshmallows.
- Repeat step 8, instead pressing the halves together. Allow 5 minutes to set.
- Bring remaining chocolate to 88°, drizzle over sealed bombs and decorate with remaining candy canes pieces.