- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 3 small-medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 14.5 oz. can diced, fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- ¼ c. peanut butter
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 15.5 oz can lite coconut milk
- 4–5 c. vegetable broth
- 1 T. curry powder
- 2 t. ground turmeric
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. cumin powder
- 1 t. salt
- Sauté garlic, onion, and red bell pepper in olive oil over medium heat. Once onion is translucent in color, add cubed sweet potatoes and sauté a few more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 30 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Blend soup with a blender/immersion blender.
- Simmer pureed soup for a few more minutes.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds and sliced avocado.
- Category: soup
- Method: saúte
Keywords: spiced sweet potato soup