The Basic 3
The basic recipe for any of our no bake energy bites include these 3 ingredients: ½ cup chopped dates, ½ cup peanut butter, and ¼ cup rolled oats.
To make the bites, you mix the ingredients, roll into balls, and that is it – no cooking necessary. Dates are so sweet, so we call them nature’s candy, and they are super sticky, so they act like glue holding the energy bites together.
- 1/2 c. peanut – or other nut butter
- 1/2 c. finely chopped pitted dates, about 6 or 8 dates
- Easiest way to finely chop is to pulse in a food processor
- 1/4 c. old fashioned rolled oats (can toast for nuttier flavor)
- 2 T. hemp seeds
- 2 T. protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ T. coconut oil
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients until well-mixed.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or small spoon, scoop out spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls using your palms
- Refrigerate bites that don’t get eaten!
- In this recipe, I upped the protein power with some powder, added a touch of chocolate and coconut flavor through unsweetened cocoa powder and coconut oil. I actually will use this recipe to use up leftover ingredients in my pantry. For example, I’ve added:
- Dried fruits: apricots, cherries, apples
- Seeds: pumpkin, flax, chip
- Grains: graham crackers, oatmeal cookies, granola
- Anything can go as long as you get a consistency that you can easily form into a ball. It helps to stick them in the fridge for a few minutes before you enjoy.
We used peanut butter in the recipe, but for anyone with a nut allergy, you can use sunflower seed butter.
Instant rolled oats work best in this recipe since the oats aren’t cooked.
Store in the fridge and they will keep for a week!
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake energy bites