- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 T. garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1 c. peeled and chopped carrots, medium dice
- 1 c. chopped celery, medium dice
- 1 T. oregano
- 1 T. basil
- 1 T. thyme
- 2, 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2, 15-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained (northern or navy)
- 8 c. (or more depending upon thickness of soup) vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 c. ditalini pasta
- 1 t. kosher salt, adjust as needed
- 1 t. ground pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, warm oil.
- Stir in chopped onion, carrots and celery until softened and translucent. ~5 minutes
- Add garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- Season with salt and pepper and then add beans, broth, diced tomatoes, and spices.
- Bring to a boil and stir in pasta.
- Reduce heat to medium, cook until pasta is al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve the bowls garnished with Parmesan and red pepper flakes.
- Category: soup
Keywords: pasta e fagioli soup