It’s February, and officially the time of the year when I like to believe that Winter is over and Spring is practically here. Judging by the sub-freezing temperatures outside and the feverish little one sleeping in my bed as I write, this is most definitely not the case. We are still solidly in the grip of Winter, so our house is taking comfort (and solid immune boost) from homemade chicken soup. If you’ve recently jumped on the Instant Pot/pressure cooker train like I have, you’ll be amazed by how quickly this dinner comes together. Double bonus – it’s delicious AND it’s a one-pot cleanup. Triple bonus – all three of my kids individually expressed how much they liked this recipe the first time I made it. Unheard of.
6 oz whole grain extra-wide egg noddles (approx 4 cups)
1. Turn on pressure cooker to sauté setting and add oil, carrots, celery, garlic, onion, 1 T salt, and a large pinch of pepper. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the whole chicken, ginger, and 8 cups of water (or up to the maximum fill line on your pot). Lock the lid and set the pressure to cook on high for 20 minutes.
3. Quick release the pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions and carefully unlock and remove the lid. Remove the ginger and use a pair of tongs (or 2) to carefully remove the chicken and place in a large bowl. Allow chicken to cool for several minutes.
4. Switch the pot back to the sautés setting and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook until al dente, according to package directions.
5. While the noodles are cooking, use forks to remove the bones from the chicken and shred the meat. Add the meat back to the pot.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.