Harissa cauliflower, this week’s short-cut recipe uses a condiment to keep it short and sweet! Have you heard of harissa paste or sauce? Harissa is garlicky spice paste made from smoked peppers, garlic and spices. You can find it in the ethnic foods section of the grocery, and it comes in mild or spicy. Anyway you use hot sauce, you can use harissa.
In addition to roasted vegetables, such as in this Harissa Cauliflower recipe, here are a few other ways to use this flavorful condiment:
Beyond Harissa Cauliflower: More Ways to Enjoy Harissa
- The simplest way…eggs! Add to your scrambled eggs or use as a spread for an egg sandwich or burrito.
- Burgers: Mix harissa paste into the beef, turkey or chicken burger meat or use as a sub for ketchup.
- Marinade. Marinate meat in a combination of plain yogurt with harissa paste. Grill!
- Potato topping. Top baked potato with harissa and plain greek yogurt.
- Mix into hummus for an extra kick!
- Combine with marinara sauce for a spicer pasta dish.
If you like short-cut recipes, like Harissa Cauliflower, you can find more of where this came from! Get more McDaniel Short-Cut Recipes HERE!Print
Roasted Harissa Cauliflower with Tahini Honey Dressing
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Recipe adapted from: Dishing Out Health
- 4 T. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 t. salt, divided
- 4 T. mild harissa paste, divided
- 2 T. honey
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and sliced into florets
- 4 T. tahini
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. of the oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, harissa paste and maple syrup. Add cauliflower and toss to evenly coat.
Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, tossing once halfway through, until tender. Remove from oven and toss; bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until caramelized and charred in some spots.
Meanwhile, prepare Tahini-Honey by combining remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, tahini, honey, lemon juice, and black pepper; stir with a whisk. Whisk in 1 Tbsp. water or extra lemon juice to thin out to desired consistency.
Transfer baked cauliflower to a bowl or serving platter. Drizzle with tahini-honey, and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 340mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g