One of our favorite flavors of the holiday season: gingerbread! A few weeks ago, we received a special request for gingerbead pancakes. So, we decided to come up with a recipe that tastes just like a gingerbread cookie but in the shape of a pancake! This recipe is a great way to kick-start the Holiday season and bring these delicious flavors to your home. This recipe is really easy to make and comes together in just a few minutes.
This gingerbread pancake recipe is full of anti-inflammatory spices such as ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. These spices and molasses make this recipe extra nutritious and delicious.
- Ginger: Ginger is commonly used as a spice and as a form of medicinal herb. It has been found to have many health benefits, such as helping the body fight inflammation, improve blood sugar regulation, help reduce nausea, etc. Check out our gingerbread no-bake energy balls, and this instant pot apple ginger oatmeal for some ideas to incorporate more ginger into your days!
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon also has many health-promoting benefits, such as anti-inflammatory properties and cardioprotective benefits. Check out our cinnamon maple almond butter recipe.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg may help relieve pain, reduce stress, and help reduce cholesterol levels, and has other health benefits.
- Molasses: Molasses contain many minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Here are some surprising ways to use molasses!
Check out our step-by-step video here.Print
Gingerbread Pancake Recipe
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 8 pancakes 1x
- 1 c. of whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 1/4 t. ground ginger
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 t. ground cloves
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. molasses (can also use honey, maple syrup)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 T. melted butter
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix in the molasses, water, egg, vanilla, and melted butter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add 1/4-cup scoops of the batter. Cook pancakes on one side until bubbles begin to form, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 15.9 g
- Sodium: 254.4 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 54.1 mg