We enjoyed this Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta for Friday night pizza night. On Fridays, our boys get to order pizza, watch a movie, and…their favorite part: eat while they watch.
I mean on Fridays…who feels like cooking? No one. I typically don’t, but this Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta was so simple, it came together in less than 20 minutes. Frozen shrimp is one of my go-to, easy button ingredients. It’s a fast cooking protein, ready in minutes. I also enjoyed plucking some summer produce from our garden as inspiration for the recipe.
Greek Cream Cheese Addition
In addition to parmesan cheese, I tried out a new product on the market “Greek Cream Cheese” to add some creaminess. To be honest, I think adding the word “Greek” on a food item is similar to words like “natural” or “gluten-free.” It has a bit of a health halo effect. The addition of 3 grams of protein didn’t blow me away. That being said, it did add wonderful flavor without much fuss. You’re welcome to personalize this recipe by adding your own produce. Other produce items that I think would go well in this Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta are artichokes, summer squash, olives, capers or greens such as spinach or arugula.
Let us know if you try it! We hope it serves as an easy button, short-cut recipe for you, too!
Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta with Summer Vegetables
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 T. butter
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 2 mini eggplant
- 1 large tomato or 2 small tomatoes, large dice
- 1 lb. frozen shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 c. fresh parmesan
- 1/3 c. Greek cream cheese (regular cream cheese would work JUST fine)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/3 c. fresh herbs, minimally chopped (I used basil)
- 1 lb. linguine pasta
- Cracked pepper
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
In the meantime, add olive oil and butter to a large skillet/frying pan and add all vegetables. Sauté until veggies start to soften and add shrimp.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and cream cheese & as much of the pasta water as you like for your desired sauce consistency.
- Squeeze all the juice from the lemon to the sauce and add fresh herbs.
- To serve, place pasta in a bowl and add shrimp mixture. Top with freshly cracked pepper.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 449
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 394.2 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 60 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 27.8 g
- Cholesterol: 141.4 mg