- 8 T. extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ c. milk (I used 2% milk, but whole milk would probably work even better)
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- ¼ t. peppermint extract
- 3 c. quick oats (or regular oats slightly chopped with your food processor)
- 2 T. chia seeds
- Crushed candy canes
- In a medium saucepan combine coconut oil, cocoa powder, milk, and chocolate chips.
- Stir constantly until chocolate chips are melted and mixture begins to boil. Allow mixture to boil for 90 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint extract.
- Fold in oats and chia seeds until completely coated and drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a piece of wax paper. Sprinkle immediately with crushed candy canes. Place in the fridge and allow to set for at least 1 hour.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 7.1 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.8 mg