For the Pumpkin Tahini Dressing:
- 1/2 c. plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4. c. tahini paste
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 T. maple syrup
- ⅓ c. pumpkin puree
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. dried thyme leaves
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- 1/4 –1/2 c. water to thin – as needed
For the Salad:
- 1 large butternut squash
- Olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt for roasting
- 2 apples, medium-sized dice
- 1/2 c. toasted pecans
- 1/2 c. pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c. dried cherries
- 13–14 ounces bagged lettuce (options: mixed salad greens, a broccoli/cabbage/kale slaw, shaved brussels sprouts, any other cole slaw mix) *Sunflower Crunch is 13.6 oz.
- Using an immersion blender or blender, blend all dressing ingredients together. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place chopped squash in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup, sprinkle with cinnamon and salt to your liking. Toss to coat.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes, until soft and caramelized, flipping halfway through. If you prefer a crispier outside, cook for longer.
- Once the squash has cooked and cooled, place in a large salad bowl with the remaining ingredients. Add desired amount of Pumpkin Tahini dressing and toss gently.
If you like a lot of “green” in your salad, use 2 bags of pre-packaged salad greens.