This vegetarian caprese sandwich recipe is a perfect way to feature the end of summer produce.
- 4 ciabatta buns
- 8 t. store-bought pesto
- 100 g (~8 slices) fresh mozzarella
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Slice your ciabatta bread in half.
- Add 1 t. of pesto on each side of the bread.
- Add 2 slices of mozzarella cheese to one side. Top with tomatoes and basil.
- Transfer to a grill or panini press and let the cheese melt and the bread begin to crisp.
- Slice in half, serve, and enjoy!
Feel free to add any vegetables such as spinach, arugula, sauteed mushrooms, or artichoke hearts.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 729.4 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Protein: 17.9 g
- Cholesterol: 4.5 mg