Sweet, salty, and festive – this cute Valentine’s Day trail mix is our absolute favorite when we’re craving a sweet treat snack!
- 9 c. Rice Chex cereal (about half of a family-size box)
- 2 c. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut free)
- pinch of coarse, Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 c. of dry brownie mix powder
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 4 c. of Kashi Honey Toasted Organic Oat cereal
- 4 c. of small pretzels
- 1 c. of dried cherries
- Pour Rice Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave at 1-minute intervals, stirring in-between, until the mixture is smooth and creamy (don’t overheat). Stir in the pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the peanut butter and chocolate sauce over the cereal. Using a flat rubber spatula (use this instead of a spoon – spoons tend to crush the cereal), fold the mixture together until the cereal is evenly coated with the warm sauce.
- Place the dry brownie mix, unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon in a large Ziploc bag and add the chocolate-covered cereal (you may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your bag). Close the bag and shake gently until the cereal is coated with the dry brownie mix.
- Let the mixture cool completely. After it has cooled, add in Kashi heart cereal, pretzels and dried cherries.
- Try not to eat it all!
This keeps for several days if kept covered at room temperature!