- 2 c. rolled oats (sometimes called old fashioned)
- 1 c. raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 c. raw pecans or cashews
- 1 c. large flake unsweetened, untoasted (raw) coconut flakes
- 1/3 c. real maple syrup
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. ground cardamom
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. kosher salt (use less if you use granulated salt)
- 1 c. dried fruit (dried cherries, apricots, currants, raisins, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine and mix dry ingredients (EXCEPT coconut flakes)
- Add maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Spread granola evenly on a lined, rimmed baking sheet either on a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate the pan and bake another 10 minutes. It’s important to keep a close eye so that it doesn’t burn. You want it to be toasty and browned- if it doesn’t look browned in the middle part.
- Add coconut flakes and bake 5 minutes longer and check again. DON’T stir! This is what’s going to make all the clusters.
- Remove from oven and let sit, undisturbed, until totally cooled.
- Transfer to an airtight container, like a large mason jar, for storage, sprinkling in the dried fruit in between.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 26.9 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg