- 2 T. coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1, 15 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1, 15 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 T. curry powder
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 t. cumin powder
- 1 t. turmeric powder
- 3 T. maple syrup
- 1 15.5 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4–6 c. baby spinach
Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and red bell pepper and cook until softened.
Add squash, tomatoes, coconut milk, spices and canned beans. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until butternut squash is tender.
- A few minutes before serving, add baby spinach and cook until lightly wilted.
Instead of butternut squash, you can use sweet potatoes.