- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 T. lemon zest and 4 T. juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. whole-wheat flour (or whole-wheat pastry flour)
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1/2 t. cardamon
- 1/4 t. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, and vanilla. Add the eggs and mix until fully incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and juice, beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and salt. Mix until just combined, being sure the batter is completely mixed.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffins.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature, smeared with nut butter!
- Serving Size: 12 muffins
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 33.7 mg