- 2 T. olive oil, divided
- 1 butternut squash, medium to large
- 1 onion, medium to large, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 t. cumin powder
- 1 T. curry powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. turmeric ground
- 1 t. ginger, ground
- 1/4 t. ground red chili peppers
- 3 T. maple syrup
- 1, 15.5 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1.5 c. vegetable broth
- 1 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil. Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While squash is baking, in a large soup pot, over medium heat, saúte garlic and onion in 1 T. olive oil.
- Add spices and stir until well combined.
- Add broth, coconut milk and salt. Stir. Turn down heat to low.
- Once squash is done, add to your soup mixture.
- Using an immersion blender or blender, carefully blend soup. (You may want to wait until it has cooled a bit!) Blend until soup has a creamy consistency.
- Optional toppings: Toasted pumpkin seeds, coconut, plain greek yogurt, chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.8 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg