- 1 butternut squash, peeled, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c. of vegetable broth
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 lb. of macaroni
- 2 T. butter, unsalted
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. skim milk
- 1 c. shredded Trader Joe’s Quattro Formaggio cheese
- ½ c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by peeling and cutting the squash into cubes. Slice the onion. Layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast the squash and onions in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and transfer to a blender with vegetable broth. Season with garlic powder and nutmeg.
- Start boiling water and cook the macaroni until it is al dente. Drain.
- Start by melting the butter in a pot and add flour. Mix it together with a whisk until it forms a paste.
- Add in skim milk and continue to whisk until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butternut squash puree and ½ cup of Quatro Frommagio and ½ cup of Monterey Jack cheese. Stir in the macaroni noodles.
- Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with the other ½ cup of Quattro Frommagio cheese. Turn the oven on to broil and bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until it begins to golden.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 347.2 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.7 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 13.3 g
- Cholesterol: 18.7 mg