- 1 T. coconut oil
- 1 c. steel cuts oats
- 3 c. water
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. maple syrup
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. frozen blueberries (no sugar added)
- 1 c. frozen dark cherries (no sugar added)
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- Saute oats in the instant pot over coconut oil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. You will smell a nutty aroma.
- Add water and salt, and cook on the manual setting for 10 minutes with pressure valve sealed. Allow pressure to release naturally at the end of cooking ~ 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup, berries, walnuts and lemon juice. The warmth of the oats should quickly defrost your berries.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instapot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: steel cut oats in an instapot