- 2 c. oats (rolled or instant)
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 T. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/8 t. salt
- 3 T. hemp heart seeds + 1 T. for garnish
- 1/3 c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12-cup standard muffin tin or line with paper liners. If using liners, lightly grease them as well. Set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade: oats, bananas, eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend or process on high, stopping to scrape down and stir the ingredients once or twice as needed, until the batter is smooth and the oats have broken down almost completely, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in (by hand) 3 T. hemp heart seeds and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each no more than three-quarters of the way to the top. Sprinkle with remaining hemp heart seeds. Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack and let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- They will deflate! Remove from the pan and enjoy!
- Get creative! Add other mix-ins like pecans, walnuts, dried fruit, etc.
- Feel free to adjust the maple syrup to your preferred sweetness. If you prefer a sweeter muffin, add more than 2 tbsp.
- Storage: wrap muffins tightly in plastic and freeze for up to 2 months.
Keywords: blender banana muffins